Sunday, December 19, 2010

Christmas

As most of you know i work as a nanny in minnesota while going to school to become a photographer. well the family i work for goes to florida for Christmas. So as we where opening gifts this morning i thought to myself. what does the word christmas mean to me? after that a few more questions came to mind like what is my favorite christmas pastime? what is my favorite christmas book? whats my favorite christmas gift i ever received or gave? what is my favorite christmas memory? and you know i probably could answer all of these with a simple i dont know but if i really think about it i can answer all of these questions.

1. favorite christmas pastime.

I think my favorite Christmas pastime well was in the past the advent calander and wreath. for those that dont know what that is. its a wreath that has 4 candles each meaning a different thing about christ. and for me i never really understood all of the meanings but it was always family time when i was a kid. each night for the four weeks before christmas we would get together and have a story and christmas carols. i have lots of memorys from this but the one that always comes back is What child is this. my older brother would always pick this hymn because in the second verse you get to say a swear word and mom wouldnt get mad.

2. my favorite christmas book. This one is kind of hard because there are so many that i like. but i think the one that i remember the most is papa panoff.(im not sure if that is spelled correctly) it was my dads favorite and every year on christmas eve he read it to us as kids.

3. favorite gift received and given.
I think that my favorite gift received this year would be my winter cloths i couldnt afford them but michele and brian bought them for me which is a huge blessing. i think my favorite gift i have ever got was my Oboe. My mom and dad shopped for a long time to find the perfect one for me even though at the time they couldnt really afford it they knew that it was what i wanted and they wanted the best one for me.

my favorite gift i have ever given someone this one is tough because i give so many gifts i cant really remember them all. but i think that the best christmas gift that i have given is My love and i know thats not really anything special to everyone and it sounds conseded but really i belive that the best gifts come from the heart and what better to give anyone but the love of my heart.

4. Favorite Christmas memory wow i have 21 years of christmas's to go through i dont think i can pick just one but here are a few.

I remember as a kid my parents had to put up a baby gate to keep us out of the tree. although decorating the tree was always a fun time and very precious to me.

i also remember as a kid decorating Gingerbread houses that was always a good time.The competition when there is 10 kids between who's is better is always fun.

every year for christmas as far back as i can remember my oldest sister Gabi bought my dad gouda cheese, beef stick (summer sausage), and wheat thins. it was one of my favorites to share that with him. he always made jokes about that.

When we where kids we would make gifts for out god parents every year it was great fun to deliver those.

then there is the anticipation on christmas eve of santa coming i always got so excited i threw up at least once.

then you know when your a kid you get so excited that you wake up at the crack of dawn well my mom always told us we couldnt come up until she said it was ok. so my dad would come downstairs and read us stories.

yeah i think that about sums up all my memorys.

What christmas means to me.

Christmas is one of my favorite times of year normally this year has been a bit different but christmas really means to me. its a time for showing love, kindness, charity, and lots and lots of family time.

well i hope you like this post. I hope it helps you think of what christmas means to you.

No comments: