Sunday, April 10, 2011

my first talk in church.

~Go Out And Play ~
author unknown:
God’s children went to Him one day
And asked Him, “can we go out and play?
Run in the park, and climb the trees?
Laughing as loud and as long as we please?

But our Heavenly Father shook His head,
And said, “My children, what has gotten into your head?
“If you get dirty and filthy with sin,
I’ll shut the door, you can’t come in.”

But Jesus Christ stepped forward to say,
“Father, let them go out to play.
“I will die for them so they can come in,
“I will suffer their every worry and sin.

“I am willing to go and am willing to teach,
“To serve and to help and to talk and to preach.
“I will not fail you, Father, I will do my part
“So You can welcome them home with all your heart.”
Our Heavenly Father, He said to us, “yes,
“While you go out and play, you will be blessed
“With the gospel to guide you and lead the way
“And help you get through every day.”

And this is the reason we’re here on this Earth,
To show Him our love and show our worth,
To be happy and loving and come back pure white
And be spotless and clean in our Father’s sight.

L. Tom Perry of the quorum of the twelve Apostles in October 2006 General Conference said
“We are not left alone to wander through mortality without knowing of the master plan which the Lord has designed for His children.”

He also states:
“Many people wonder, “Where did we come from? Why are we here? Where are we going?” Our Eternal Father did not send us to earth on an aimless, meaningless journey. He provided for us a plan to follow. He is the author of that plan. It is designed for man’s progress and ultimate salvation and exaltation.”

As you can see President Whiting ask me to speak on the plan of salvation when first given the topic I thought it would be easy and I would have no problems at all with it. Then I realized it was like writing a paper for school I had two weeks to write a talk to give in sacrament and having never given one I had no idea where to start on writing one. I didn’t feel the spirit guiding me just yet.

So I knelt a prayed for guidance on where to go with this talk. As most of you don’t know I am the type of person that doesn’t easily listen to that still small voice so heavenly father tends to have to speak to me in other ways.

For instance the Wednesday before general conference I lost my ring that I wear on my right hand I never take it off. The ring is a gift and a promise in one when it was given to me by My dad as a promise I made to him to keep myself pure until marriage I wear the ring as a reminder of that promise. This wouldn’t be the first time it was lost but for some reason it really bothered me that I could not find it. Well after searching for it for two days I finally decided that it was time to stop looking for it and hope that it would show up.
The weekend passed and no ring. So I just figured it was gone and I was ready to accept it. Well Monday came and I went on a trip to the cities for a couple of days. When I got back Wednesday evening my ring was sitting on the counter in the bathroom.
I was very relieved to have it back.

The reason I share this story with you is because the plan of salvation is kind of the same heavenly father set forth a plan for us.
As I stated in my story it was not the first time it had been lost. Most of us have had different opportunities in our life some we make the right choice and it leads us on the same path while others times we choose the wrong one and it leads us astray but every time we relies that we have gone in the wrong direction heavenly father is always sitting there when we turn around no matter how far we go and this is why

Before the creation He presented the plan to us, we all had the opportunity to say yes or no to it.

After presenting the plan and us accepting the plan he put his plan into action.

The first step being the creation, on the sixth day of creation he created man.
Genesis 1:26-27 says
“26¶And God said, Let us bmake cman in our dimage, after ourelikeness: and let them have fdominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.
27So God created man in his own aimage, in the image of God created he him; male and bfemale created he them.”

He then placed the Man (known as adam) and the woman (known as eve) into the Garden of Eden. Gave them very few instructions on what they where to do. The Biggest in my opinion was not to eat of the fruit of the tree of knowledge of good and evil. Well as stated In Gen 3:1-6

“1Now the aserpent was more bsubtil than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made. And he said unto the woman, cYea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden?
2And the woman said unto the serpent, We may eat of the fruit of the trees of the garden:
3But of the fruit of the atree which is in the midst of the garden, God hath said, Ye shall not eat of it, neither shall ye touch it, lest ye die.
4And the serpent said unto the woman, aYe shall not surely die:
5For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then youraeyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, bknowing good andcevil.
6And when the woman saw that the tree was good for afood, and that it was bpleasant to the eyes, and a tree cto be desired to make one wise, she took of the dfruit thereof, and did eeat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did feat.”

Once Adam and eve ate of the fruit.
But before that serpent could tempt eve Heavenly father had to give them the Gift of Free agency. So with that gift she was able to make the choice to do wrong.
After making the choice to sin adam and eve then could see the difference between good and bad so they then covered there bodies with cloths and Heavenly father cast them out of the garden.
We have to remember that this was all part of his plan and we cannot blame adam and eve. For sin on earth.

After they where cast out of eden we then needed a savior to come and be sacrificed for our sins. So quite a few years later Heavenly father sent his Son Jesus to the earth to live as the only man in human flesh with no sin. He then was cruisified and bleed for our sins.

The next part of the plan was to restore the gospel on the earth in its fullness, which in the early 1800 a young boy of the name Joseph Smith knelt and prayed seeking for guides of the true church. That was the start of the restoration. He then in the following years translated the book of morman, organized the church and sealed his testimony by being martered in Carthage, illanois on June 27, 1844

After The gospel was restored it is stated in scripture so we now know that to be saved we must first place our faith in heavenly father, Be Baptised, and Receive the Gift of the Holy Ghost.
In return of our salvation Heavenly Father asks us To always strive to be worthy of his celestial glory,
For the younger ones here this it means to obey your parents and strive to be temple worth, paying your tithing.
For those that are a little older it means to strive to be temple worth, receive the blessings of the temple, and always strive to be worthy to partake of the sacrament in doing so we renew the covenants made a baptism.


With that I want to leave you with my testimony that I know that the church is the true church I have been through a lot and everytime I seem to second guess it I am reassured it is the right church. I also know that the prophet is the true prophet of God, I bare you my testimony that if we strive to fulfill his plan that I have mentioned that we will return to see our heavenly father someday.
I found a poem that was written
FROM William Wines Phelps TO JOSEPH SMITH: THE PROPHET. Called
GO WITH ME.
Go with me, will you go to the saints that have died, —
To the next, better world, where the righteous reside;
Where the angels and spirits in harmony be
in the joys of a vast paradise? Go with me.

Go with me where the truth and the virtues prevail;
Where the union is one, and the years never fail;
Not a heart can conceive, nor a natural eye see
What the Lord has prepared for the just. Go with me.

Go with me where there is no destruction or war;
neither tyrants, or slanderers, or nations ajar;
where the system is perfect, and happiness free,
and the life is eternal with God. Go with me.

Go with me, will you go to the mansions above,
Where the bliss, and the knowledge, the light, and the love,
And the glory of God do eternally be?—
Death, the wages of sin, is not there. Go with me.
Nauvoo, January, 1843.

I leave this to you in the name of Jesus Christ amen.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sarah,
What a beautiful talk that you prepared!I am so greatful that you posted this today. I am also thankful to read your testimony. It always amazes me when I see my friends bare testimony. I only hope that my testimony is as strong as yours some day. Thanks for allowing me to see this. I really love it!

Charleen said...

Your talk was so well given. I would never have believed it was your first. Good JOB!

Brittany Dean said...

Sarah, that was wonderful talk. Thank-you for posting it. You are stronger than you think you are and never forget your worth.

Brittany Dean said...

And great job! I remember giving my first talk, i think it was on prayer or faith...